Acupuncture for Pain Relief
Acupuncture is an ancient method that has been used for relieving pain. It is commonly used today to treat back and neck pain, arthritis, and inflammatory pain, as well as headaches and migraines. Fine needles are inserted into points stimulating the release of endorphins which are our own naturally produced painkillers. When an acupuncture needle is inserted into a muscle, the muscle and nearby nerves are stimulated and send a message to the brain causing these pain-blocking endorphins to be released.
Acupuncture treats a variety of conditions. They are listed in categories below:
- Musculoskeletal– Arthritis(Osteo/Rheumatoid), joint pain, back pain, low back pain, general pain and weakness, sciatica, heel spurs, shin splints, frozen, shoulder, tennis elbow, Whiplash, stiff neck, Inflamed or damaged tissue, sprains, strains, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Knee Injuries, Oedema (swollen knee, ankle), gout… and many more.
- Ear, Nose, Throat disorders– Toothache, pain after tooth extraction, acute or chronic headache, tonsilitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, rhinitis, nasal catarrh.
- Eye disorder– Red, itchy, sore, watery eyes, Conjunctivitis, Nearsightedness, Blepharitic spasms.
- Neurological disorders– Trigeminal Neuralgia, facial Paralysis, dizziness, Post stroke, Paresis, Migraines.
- Fatigues – Chronic fatigue, General tiredness or lack of energy, Post Glandular Fever, Ross River Fever, etc.
- Viral/Infectious Conditions – Common Cold, cough, sore throat, chills and fever, sinus, sinus headache.
- Respiratory Disorders – Asthma, Common Cold, Influenza, Chronic Cough.
- Psychological/Emotional Conditions– Stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, insomnia, poor memory, mood swings, PMT, Addictions.
- Gyneacological/ Mentrual Conditions – Period Pain, Irregular Mentrual periods, Menopausal Hot Flushes, Infertility, Miscarriage, Low libido, IVF support.
- Pregnancy – Morning sickness, Back Pain, Heartburn, Sciatica Induction of malposition of fetus postnatal depression and exhaustion.
- Digestive Disorders – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acute or Chronic Gastric Constipation, Diarrhoea, Bloating, Digestive pain, Heartburn.
- Urinary Disorders – Painful urination, Urinary retention, Cystitis, Prostatities.
- Circulatory Disorders – Hypertension, sluggish circulation.